- We are asking all patients to wear a face mask to your appointment.
- You will be asked COVID-19 screening questions, and may have your temperature taken with a non-contact thermometer upon your arrival.
- Please call our office to schedule all appointments including adjustments and pick ups.
No Show and Cancellation Policy:
- If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please contact Downtown Eyes by calling/texting or emailing us within 24 hours of your appointment
- Patients who do not cancel appointments within 24 hours or who no-show may be responsible for the exam fees for their appointment.
- If you fail to cancel your appointment according to the cancellation policy, you will be unable to schedule your next appointment without payment in advance.
Frame and Lens Warranty:
Lenses and Frames are guaranteed against manufacturer defects for one year after the original date of purchase. The defective portion of the eyewear must be returned for the manufacturer’s warranty to be valid. The manufacturer’s warranty covers frame or lens defects, however not abuse. Eyewear that is destroyed, lost or stolen is not covered by the warranty.
*Examples of covered manufacturer defects include but are not limited to: stress fractures, crazing of lens coatings, delamination of lenses, lens chipping, and frames breaking at the solder point.
*Examples of non-covered items include: deep gouges in the lens caused by abuse, scratches due to improper cleaning, dog chewing, cement scraping, or glasses broken by being stepped on.
If patients choose to place new lenses in an old frame, we cannot be held liable for breaks or damage. As frames age, they may become brittle in ways invisible to the human eye. Patients assume the risk when using old frames. They should also be warned that they assume the risk when we adjust older frames. Patients must sign a disclosure form notifying them of these facts.
If a non-covered item occurs within one year of the original purchase, we offer a 50% discount of repair or replacement parts. This discount does not apply to lost or stolen eyewear.
For prescription by doctors at Downtown Eyes: An office visit to recheck the prescription will be provided and new lenses will be made at no charge within 90 days of dispensing. Recheck visits after 90 days will be charged the usual fee for a brief exam.
If a Downtown Eyes prescription is filled elsewhere, we offer a recheck within 60 days of the original refraction date pending the eyewear was produced correctly. We will not be responsible for any charges incurred. Most reputable optical dispensaries allow one doctor Rx change at no charge, but this is up to the patient to inquire about such policies in advance of purchase.
For prescriptions written by other doctors: Eyeglass lenses will be remade one time at no charge if the prescribing doctor provides a new prescription in writing within 30 days of dispensing. Rx changes after one free remake or after 30 days will be charged the usual lens price.