Ensure the Health of Your Eyes
Eye exams are essential to monitoring your eye health and ensuring the best possible vision. Most adults should see an eye doctor at least every two years to ensure healthy vision. Identifying potential problems early can prevent irreversible damage.
Downtown Eyes provides every patient with an eye exam conducted with the latest training and technology. Our expertise enables us to provide care for individuals of all ages, from infants to adults.
Optomap® Digital Retinal Imaging
The way an eye vision test is conducted has advanced right along with the rest of eye care technology. The revolutionary Optomap® digital retinal exam offers many advantages including:
- Rather than capturing an image of only 15 percent of your retina like traditional eye exams, the optomap exam takes a panoramic image of 80 percent of your retina.
- Comfortable and takes less than a second.
- Not having anything touch your eyes.
- No eye drops to worry about.
- Captured images of your eyes are available for immediate review.
- Facilitates earlier detection and treatment of visual impairment, blindness and a number of serious diseases, such as cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Marco® Automated Phoropter
Our doctors also use a Marco® automated phoropter to further evaluate eye health, using the latest in electronic refraction technology. With this device, we’re able to better pinpoint your prescription so you can enjoy the best vision possible. Another advantage is that the automated phoropter can give you a much better idea of whether you should switch to a new prescription or stick to your current one, eliminating any indecisiveness you may have about your vision.
Schedule An Eye Exam
To learn more about how we conduct routine eye exams or to schedule an appointment for an exam, call Downtown Eyes Minneapolis at (612) 333-EYES (3937) or Downtown Eyes Crosstown at (612) 869-1333. You’re also welcome to submit an online appointment request.